Windows 10 windows explorer hang after save on excel with preview pane enabled.

• Thread starter Thread starter lambdaalbert
  • Start date Start date
L

lambdaalbert

Hi, I am using Windows 10 Pro and MS Office 2010 Home and business version. Usually I will access one network share folder and open excel file, with preview pane enabled at the windows explorer, as show in below print screen. But after I save the excel file, my windows explorer (network share folder page) become hang and unresponsive, and I only heard "ding" windows notification sound when I click on folder page, I can't click anything at the folder page too. I had to kill and restart explorer.exe using task manager.

I think mostly this issue related to windows preview pane, because if I disable preview pane, I can save the excel file without make the windows explorer hang. I also found that if I left preview pane become empty before save excel file by not select the file, explorer will not hang after save.

First print screen is before I save the excel file (test1), left side is MS excel program while right side is windows preview pane. Second print screen is after I save excel file and windows explorer become hang. Anyone know how to solve this problem? I can't disable windows preview pane, because my job require to use it a lot.

Continue reading...

Back