Windows 10 Windows Forces Program To Open In A Small Window

• Thread starter Thread starter AdamWJ
  • Start date Start date
A

AdamWJ

When I open a specific program (Protools, an audio editing program) something forces the program into a smaller window when it should be full screen:

You can see the top right of the program window shows the small window option, as if the computer currently thinks it is maximized and is giving you the option to minimize it. To make the program full screen I have to click that once and the computer will now think the window is small (even though it already was) and then I have to click it again to make it full screen.

-------------------

Now I did find a work around for this by right clicking the program and going to properties -> compatibility -> change high DPI settings -> override high DPI scaling behavior performed by application. That will make the program open in full screen.

The only problem is when I do that then it messes up plugins within the program. When I open a plugin within Protools the plugin window will be too small and will block off access to parts of the plugin:

Ideally it should look like this:

What I need is a way to have both things at once, the program to open in full screen and the plugins to be sized correctly. I messed around a lot with the compatibility settings for protools and the plugin but couldn't find a combination that would make this work. I think it would be easier to find the source of why the computer is forcing protools to open in a small window and fix that, rather than trying to layer on compatibility solutions to cover it up.

Thank you so much for any help you can provide. This stuff is so frustrating and that fact that there are people nice enough online to just try and help others with it is really amazing.

Version 2004 OS Build 19041.508

Continue reading...

Back