Windows 10 Windows Install Issues (It wont!) - SSD not in Bios after initial Install

• Thread starter Thread starter ProficientMess
  • Start date Start date
P

ProficientMess

I have a SSD M.2 as my only drive. I am trying a fresh install on a new build. 1TB WD Black

I created a USB install bootable with Rufus.

I go into Bios before the install and make sure that it can see the SSD and USB. Set priority. Set to UEFI only.

I can go through the process of the install and when it checks all the steps it says restart in 10 seconds. Then it restarts.

Upon restart it goes strait into the starting screen for a new install.. Like the very first screen! So I tried to do it again it runs the exact same setup and cycles through to the same place.. The Original screen again.

I exit into BIOS and look at the bootable disks... and the M.1 slot doesn't show up. Its just the UEFI USB device.

So I dug and dug... I changed from MBR to GPT... and tried. Doesn't let me select the SSD when selecting location to install. I can see it but it says it cant select the drive.

I Hit Shift + F10 (CMD) And typed Diskpart It shows up in there. Thats how I have cleaned it then transferred it to MBR to GPT and back.

So the windows installer can see my drive. So can the CMD Diskpart - List Disk.

Bios can see it until after I try to install. After I install It just goes right back to the first Install screen.

I even tried pulling the usb after it powered down before it started up. It just gives me a screen that says no bootable devices found.

Any idea what I need to do? Ive installed windows on 6-8 machines in the past few years and never have run into this maddness! Im On hour 12 of trying to get this up and running... Im wore out!

Continue reading...

Back