Windows 10 Windows mixed reality portal does not detect my Samsung Odessey+ WMR headset

• Thread starter Thread starter Night_raven
  • Start date Start date
N

Night_raven

I'm having problems connecting my windows mixed reality headset (samsung odessey+) to my laptop (Acer predator helios 300) It should be as easy as plug and play but the laptop cannot detect/make it run. It appears on device manager with error code 31. The LED on the headset blinks and sound comes through the hmd headphones but no display.

This is the error code:

"Windows found drivers for your device but encounered an error while attempting to install them.

Hololens Sensors

The device is not working properly because windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API."

I tried to troubleshoot with no avail. Things I did:

1. Disconnect-restart-connect
2. Disconnect, unistall drivers, restart, reconnect, install drivers.
3. Manually install drivers after downloading from microsoft site.
4. Uninstalled and installed USB drivers and made sure the Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller is upadated and it says microsoft in parenthesis at the end. (Someone said it is needed)
5. Manually install old hololens drivers (Also directly from explorer by right clicking and selecting install)
6. Installed and updated all directx and visual c+ redistributables and runtimes.

At that point I thought it was a hardware issue, so I hooked it up to my desktop (low spec compared to my laptop, i5, gtx 660, 8gb ram) and it was detected and mixed reality portal was executed automatically. I ran some games and it was functioning without any issues.

Win 10 version (home edition) on my laptop is 1803 which should work fine. I heard windows N edition does not work and made sure mine is not. I searched for updates in settings menu and it says I have the latest updates which is weird because there should be a new update numbered 1809. Although not necessary, I downloaded microsoft update manager software which detected my windows can be updated and downloaded and tried to update windows which ended up into multiple BSODs and subsequent auto-rollback by windows.

Idk if powered USB hub will work cause I don't have those and will take me some time as they are not easily available over here. Also I don't have another spare USB 3 port for testing, just the one.

Another option was to install windows on a seperate partition which also ended up failing because for some reason the BIOS wont let me install from an USB. The win10 USB boot drive was made using Rufus and I checked I used the right partition (GPT). I turned safe boot off which caused the usb drive to appear on boot priority menu but the boot sequence didn't start after the restart. :/ (I think it should be a new thread on it's own)

Anyway, reinstalling windows is not an option for me currently as I don't want to format my system partition and dirty install probably won't solve it.

I should also mention that the USB 3 port is working fine and detects pen drives and Ext HDDs but weirdly it also does not detect my Samsung Galaxy Note 8. I thought the issue was with samsung devices so I installed samsung USB drivers but that also didn't work.

Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Continue reading...