Windows 10 Windows not displaying network SSIDs, network icon missing from taskbar

• Thread starter Thread starter RobbieTaylor
  • Start date Start date
R

RobbieTaylor

Hello,

I am running these specs on my Windows 10 Dell Laptop

PROCESSOR: AMD A10-8700P Radeon R6, 10 Compute Cores 4C+6G 1.80GHz
INSTALLED MEMORY: 21.0GB(11.4 GB usable)
SYSTEM TYPE: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor
No Pen or Touch Input is available for this display

My network adapter is a: RealTek PCIe FE Family Controller, the device appears and claims to be working properly. The option under Properties and Power Management to "Allow the computer to turn off this device to sae power" is unticked.

Whew, now that that's out of the way, this is my issue:

Yesterday evening, I experienced internet loss and noticed that in the taskbar, the icon that displays the available networks was missing. Usually, for some reason, it is displayed as in "Airplane Mode" but the internet functions properly. This time, it was gone altogether. I have troubleshooted the problem numerous times telling me that, "You have no preferred wireless networks" and "A network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken."

Now originally, when I troubleshooted the issue it told me that "Windows could not find a driver for your network adapter." So, I went to RealTek's downloads and downloaded the "Win10 Auto Installation Program dk" and that seemed to get rid of that error. Now, it is displaying the errors listed in the previous paragraph. Now, I managed to fix it last night by going to System Configuration>Services and selecting to "Hide all Microsoft Services" and restarted my computer to apply the fix. I reversed what I did, restarted the computer, and it went back to the way it was before this issue happened. I am going to try and do that again to see if it works.

I am looking for a permanent solution and explanation as to why this keeps happening, so any helpful feedback would be greatly appreciated. If more information is required or I've omitted any information, I will do my best to provide it.

Thank you!

Continue reading...