Windows 10 Windows PC not starting, no options working.

• Thread starter Thread starter pj1455
  • Start date Start date
P

pj1455

I built my own PC about 2 years ago and have Windows 10 as the operating system. It has worked very well up until this afternoon when I logged onto it. I'm not super good with computers, so all I can say is what I witnessed when opening and what I did.

First, I pressed the power-on button on the PC, and the MSI(I use an MSI motherboard) logo appeared as normal. Usually, there is a little loading symbol on the MSI screen, and then ot turns blue and the normal Windows login page shows up after a few seconds.

This time though, I noticed the loading symbol was not present, and after about 3 minutes a pop up appeared saying "Starting automatic repair". The screen then went black for about 3 more minutes before a blue screen appeared saying, "Automatically repair could not fix your computer", and gave a list of other options I could try. I began trying these with no success.

First I clicked "Continue to windows 10", which restarted the above process.

Then I tried hitting "Troubleshoot options > Reset your PC > Reset and keep my files". The screen switched to a loading symbol and the words, "Getting some things together(or something like that)" for a few seconds, but then switched to another screen saying, "There was a problem resetting your computer, nothing was changed". The same thing happened when I did Troubleshoot options > reset your PC > reset everything.

I tried going to a system backup point and system image point, but had neither available.

Following some advice on the internet I opened the command prompt and did an SFC scan, which failed after verification step.

I tried launching in safe mode. which just led to a black screen with "safe mode" in each of the four corners.

I opened up the PC to make sure all the hardware was alright, and it looked like everything was fine.

I repeated several of the steps above but with no different results.

Any help on this?

Continue reading...