Windows 10 windows shutting down without warning when the battery still has about 40% of battery remaining

• Thread starter Thread starter Ali Shujau
  • Start date Start date
A

Ali Shujau

I have found out that this issue began after the Windows 10 20H2 update.

i have checked my power settings there is no issue.

I saw a thread of the same question asked on this community and many people had this issue after the same update. And some of them mentioned that they even changed their battery but the issue still persists.

I could not reply to that question because replying to the question was disabled.

I have even checked my battery with acer care center app and no issue was detected by the app.

The reason I have been suspicious about the update is that, after the update laptop sometimes does not show battery icon on the task bar. and when I checked taskbar settings the battery icon is enabled on the taskbar and it is locked on "on" state by the task bar settings.

I have checked the Microsoft acpi battery driver and there is no issue in that driver and no updates available by device manager as well as windows update.

After the pc shutdowns with this "faulty" shutdown, I have to plug it on charging to get the laptop to even power on.

I think this is a windows issue and Microsoft should address this issue to their developers and bring an update to fix this issue as soon as possible.

you can find the details of my laptop below ( taken by dxdiag)

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 3/2/2021, 16:48:08

Machine name: LAPTOP-N8IO6LUG

Machine Id: {BC9FEEB4-41FC-48CB-8B5C-17F5732720D8}

Operating System: Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit (10.0, Build 19042) (19041.vb_release.191206-1406)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Acer

System Model: Aspire E5-476G

BIOS: V1.37 (type: UEFI)

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~1.8GHz

Memory: 8192MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 8070MB RAM

Page File: 6441MB used, 4955MB available

Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

DirectX Version: DirectX 12

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

Miracast: Available, with HDCP

Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Supported

DirectX Database Version: 1.2.0

DxDiag Version: 10.00.19041.0546 64bit Unicode

Continue reading...

Back