Windows 10 Windows Speech Recognition (WSR) Document Review

• Thread starter Thread starter AlanSmth
  • Start date Start date
A

AlanSmth

Hello fellow Windows users, devs and mods,

I've used WSR for many years but not for email/document dictation - it's solely used for gaming and there's a potential of approx 3,000 commands which can be said to trigger events. Those contain very unique names like stars in our galaxy and nebulae.

I've recently reset w10 due to a longstanding bug with your dwm.exe file but I hadn't backed up my speech engine.

• Now, even for basic commands, WSR really struggles to understand even a single short phrase although I've done both parts of the training '5 times'.
  • I've even been dictating the commands to MS Word, then correcting the countless mistakes it continually makes.
  • In addition to that, I've been adding words to the dictionary which are not basic, like longer words and more difficult nouns / words.

I have the thousands of commands on a master spreadsheet so I want to 'Document Review' that spreadsheet so Windows knows what to expect. However, I don't want to 'Document Review' my emails, personal docs, other spreadsheets and confidential work information - as they're not relevant to the commands which are needed.

I've searched online and have found the question asked a fair few times going back 10 years, but I can't find the solution. If I need to adjust the registry, that's fine. Please can you advise how specific document reviews can be done?

Many thanks and stay safe,

Alan

Continue reading...

Back