Windows 10 Windows 'system and reserved' taking up a huge amount of space in an unknown location

• Thread starter Thread starter RaiyanGhazi
  • Start date Start date
R

RaiyanGhazi

I tried to install a large game, and I realized my computer was running out of space. When went to the Storage Settings, I saw that 145 GB of my Local Disk C (I only have Disk) was being used up out of 167 GB. When I clicked on show more categories, 86.4 GB was being used up by System and Reserve. When I clicked on it, 82.4 GB were System Files, 1.01 GB was Virtual Memory, and 2.97 GB was my Hibernation File.

I downloaded WizTree, and no files were out of the ordinarily large that I didn't know existed. However, it said that my Local Disk C was 98.2 GB, in contrast to the 167 GB shown in the Storage Settings. The same was when I checked File Explorer.

I finally went to Disk Management. There were 5 partitions. One was my regular C drive with 98.21 GB, 3 other smaller ones, and then a large 68.36 GB RAW partition. I can't open it. All of them had 100% free space, except my C drive, which had 23% free space.

What exactly is taking up almost half of my used space? How do I get rid of it? Do I delete that huge partition? Or, is my only option to perform a clean install?

Continue reading...

Back