Windows 10 \windows\system32\boot\winload.efi status: 0xc0000359 solution

• Thread starter Thread starter DilucRagnvindr
  • Start date Start date
D

DilucRagnvindr

I just recently got my hand on a refurbished computer that can with Windows 10 home. Everything was going fine, I was doing my usual stuff along with my art commissions when I get a notification from the computer telling me that I needed to restart my computer. I restarted it and booted it back up, only to be met with a blue screen that read:

"Your PC/Device needs to be repaired

The application or operating system couldn't be loaded because a required file is missing or contains errors.

File: \windows\system32\boot\winload.exe

Error Code: 0xc000000f

You'll need to use recovery tools. If you don't have any installation media (like a disc or USB drive), contact your PC administrator or PC/Device manufacturer

Press enter to try again (does nothing)
Press F8 for Startup settings (does nothing)"

Of course, I ended up downloading the tool to fix it and plugged it in but when I do it says that everything in my computer is fine and nothing can be fixed and that it *should* start normally..I feel the need to mention that I load the 64x version since the 32x version fails to load in the first place.

Should I just cave and buy the repair disk? I've followed many tutorials so far on how to fix this and so far I've gotten nothing..

Continue reading...