Windows 10 Windows Update messed up my profile. I asked for help a month ago, but still need help. Windows wants to update again. Can you help me?

• Thread starter Thread starter JoshuaCaleb
  • Start date Start date
J

JoshuaCaleb

Fast traslate

Icon translate

Windows update is paused for 7 days. I am tempted to turn off Windows Update. I cannot update Windows until my profile is repaired. I cannot fix my profile without assistance, nor without my dad in town. I would like to request some help since this is the fourth post, and nobody has responded to my third post. My dad will be in town Monday.

I will summarize the problem. During the last update (Which was a month ago), Windows displaced my profile (which then labeled the temp profile as administrator and still called the temp profile the same name). i then restarted windows several times, uninstalled the update to try and fix it. That did not work, so I reinstalled it, thus removing "administrator account" from the temp account. All files have been changed to 'read only." I understand that I have to make a bootable media to do something. however, I have a sandisk 16 GB USB drive. Their site says to partition it to install windows, while here I have been told the opposite. I have been told to follow the sandisk instructions. the sandisk site says that it does not always work. I have also been told that I do not need a license, yet the link that I have been given said it is required.

I have previously mentioned that Office 2007 was deleted (and many people think it was), and Microsoft claims that it is not supported (but the only real thing is that Microsoft does not want to support it, and seems like it does not allow templates to be downloaded. It shows up for users if it is searched for in the search box, but it does not show up in the start menu, or program files. It actually is in shortcuts in Program Data, and the files are hidden. If you try to click the shortcuts, the files will run, but if you try to click on "open file location," it is grayed out. The update hid the files to try to manipulate users to purchase a newer copy.

I did state that I have 64 bit windows, but if I search for PC info in the search bar, and do the steps that were given, the about info does not show that information, but there is a link to windows defender, that now has to be opened by an app. It shows a prompt that says "ok" that is grayed out. I have had multiple prompts that are grayed out, and cannot be closed. Previously Windows Defender was able to be opened without another app, as it was it's own program. Something else was changed during the last update. This needs to be addressed as well. I do not need to download another update, that might corrupt the system even more. I do not understand why Windows needs to update twice in two months. This did not happen before. I think that multiple security updates in two months and then trying to force us to get rid of programs that still work (it is not really true that they do not stop working), is some kind of scam. I have avast and zone alarm. I think those are enough for me. Please see the following too (this was copied from my third thread which has over twenty views, and I had asked a volunteer to check it to no avail):

Was the policies tab removed in a Windows update for enhancing performance for external hard drives?

See the very bottom of page 4. I had explained that on my laptop, it doesn't show an about tab under "system," but it shows 64 bit on the same screen as system. I was directed to type pc info in the search menu, and then it would show the About info. I did, and it did not show 64 bit. there was a link, and I clicked on it, and it said I needed another app to open Windows Defender (as described at the very bottom of page 4. Prior to the update, I did not need an app to open that. It also keeps showing me pop-ups with a button that says "ok" grayed out. I am not able to close the pop-ups. Please see the link, and let me know why whenever I don't respond to people's responses right away, my questions expire after a couple of days. Microsoft forums are the only forums that stop alerting people. Google community forums don't stop, Apple forums don't stop, Quora doesn't stop, and other forums don't stop. People might be busy, so why does it stop alerting people? For me, I need assistance from another person, and that is why I don't respond right away all of the time. The only problem with Google is that usually nobody responds.

Please respond to this question. I was not able to respond right away, because I need my dad to help me fix Windows. I had been trying to copy on to an external hard drive, and all of the files in Windows 10 and turned to read only. I don't want to copy everything from the previous thread to here. Please explain why threads expire after a couple of days, and if you can, respond in this thread after reading the other one. My profile had messed up after updating Windows 10. I cannot repair my profile, until I can change files, but I am following up in a new thread, because apparently the other one expired for the second time.

It was indicated in the previous thread(s) that Windows Update moved my main profile to C:/users and made a temp profile. Initially, the temp profile was still labelled as an administrator profile until I uninstalled the update, then reinstalled it. Then it no longer was. Please look at link and stop ignoring my question.

Continue reading...

Back