Windows 10 Windows Update Signs Admin Account in as Temp User

• Thread starter Thread starter TheJerryBowen
  • Start date Start date
T

TheJerryBowen

Windows updated last night without my knowledge. Come back to a blank desktop and no files, or so it appeared. When signing in with the only account created on the computer, all settings are gone, accounts are signed out, and all files from desktop, downloads, documents, etc. are gone. When looking further into the issue, I noticed that these folders under Quick Access (desktop, downloads, etc.) are stored in the c:/Users/TEMP directory. Knowing that, I can access my files from the correct user directory. However, I cannot seem to switch to be using that "account" as there are no other accounts on the device and I am logging into the account that I have been using when prompted.

Looking at the update history, the only update that was installed was KB2267602. I attempted to uninstall the update, as recommended in a previous Community post, however that update is not listed under the "Uninstall an update" section of Control Panel. I then attempted to roll back to the previous version of Windows 10, but the prompt states my PC was updated more than 10 days ago and the option to go back is no longer available. I don't know if that is a bug or you can only go back on major Windows 10 updates.

Continue reading...