Windows 10 Windows10 Pro 2004 or Home does not Recognize Seagate 1TB BUP Slim HDD (NTFS) but Ubuntu 20.04 LTS and Samsung TV USB does ?

• Thread starter Thread starter DonLuke1
  • Start date Start date
D

DonLuke1

HI

I have Music and videos copied on a Seagate from both Ubuntu and previously on Win7. I have not been able to used it on any of WIN10 PC and laptop but its been working fine on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS and earlier versions laptop. To get around I use the Ubuntu laptop to share the 1TB drive and mount it as network drive. If I mount it on Any TV Samsung or Panasonic USB port its works fine .

I like to fix this issue if possible

• When you mount on WIN10 Pro 2004, I get the following F: drive like a file and F:\ is no accessible .Access Denied
  • When I check in Disk management it looks healthy and fine and no issues.
  • When you go to device manager and update under DISK Drives the latest driver , it says it has the latest driver.
  • On the Ubuntu laptop the Seagate 1TB its fine mounted on USB3 and USB2 port .
  • On Ubuntu I am able to write delete files/folders .

Any pointers will be much appreciated why under WIN10 drive F:\ looks like a single file ?

Don

Hardware

• HPEliteDesk 800 G3 SFF ( 16GB, 256 Sandisk SSD, Win10 pro 2004), USB3 & USB2 ports
  • HP Spectra 13 8GB Samsung SSD 256 ( Win10 Home)
  • Acer Laptop 8GB ,750 HDD ( Ubuntu 20.04 lts)

Attach snapshot on WIN10 PRO 2004 and UBUNTU 20.04 LTS

Continue reading...

Back