Windows 10 With DPI scaling set above 100 percent, video does not play at full native resolution.

• Thread starter Thread starter FredTuck
  • Start date Start date
F

FredTuck

I am using a 27 inch 4k monitor. To allow comfortable reading of text in applications I have the DPI scaling set to 150%. This works fine except for one small problem. When I display 4k video in a browser at full screen it is scaled to 2560 by 1440. This makes sense when there is some application UI superimposed over the video as that is correctly scaled to 150%. If you just want to watch video it would be really nice for the browser (or video decoder) to turn off DPI scaling so the video plays in its full native 4k resolution. Now I can go back to the display settings and just set scaling to 100% but then when I stop playing the video I have to change it back again so I can easily read the UI. This is not convenient. There should be an option in the browser or the video decoder to turn off DPI scaling for video especially when it is full screen. This would be useful for still photographs as well.

Continue reading...

Back