Windows 10 Worried about this Unknown User S-1-5-21-...-1004

• Thread starter Thread starter Smoosher of Pusser
  • Start date Start date
S

Smoosher of Pusser

I do not recall ever creating a group sharing any of my files. S-1-5-21-*********-**********-**********-1004 is an unknown user who is literally everywhere all up in my permissions on all my personal and valuable software libraries. I've read that this could have come from me deleting a user profile... the thing is I did but over a year ago... and this thing just made its appearance within the last week or so around the same time I noticed that sharing has been turned on on like all my main file indexes. My mother in law works for a Bank of let's say "Not America"... and the recent Covid-19 and subsequent quarantine has made it so she works from home now, our home, and shes doing this work for them via the houses shared ISP. Now I haven't asked her if they made her install some extra software on her work laptop that potentially reveals every packet of info up and down being sent by not only her but everyone else in the house and not just that but this software could potentially have read my IP and MAC address and have to treat me like a potential threat and sent some kind of corporate trojan in to give them access my PC? via enabling sharing and granting this unknown user all the permissions... sorry about the tinfoil burning conspiracy that could turn out to not at all be whats happening, but that's my situation so far. Am I being hacked ? what can i do? again the profile is "Unknown User S-1-5-21-2504284481-4194355809-**********-1004" none of the other forums i looked at has the specific "S-1-5-21" sequence... I just want to know what someone more knowledgeable could recommend I take as the next course of action.

Continue reading...