Windows 10 Xbox Game Pass and boxed version of MSFS 2020

• Thread starter Thread starter Martynjm53
  • Start date Start date
M

Martynjm53

Hi, I've somehow screwed up my MSFS 2020 installation:

1. Downloaded Xbox game pass for PC and pre-order of Microsoft Flight Sim 2020 to trial the simulator and loved it so much I wanted to buy it.

2. Wanted a DVD hard copy of the game (for some unknown reason) so purchased the boxed Standard Edition form an online supplier

3. Uninstalled the pre-order app and Installed the boxed DVD's onto my game SSD for flight sims Drive 'G'

4. On completion of the install, Windows Store opened, automatically, for me to input the 'Product Key' and started to download another 1gb of content from the store.

5. Sim started. no problem, downloaded patch which I installed onto game SSD

6. Sim appears to work without problems but there are only 2 aircraft available the Daher and the Cessna 152. All of the planes are in the the 'Onestore' folder of the MSFSPackages folder on my 'G' Drive

Has the product key been assigned to the pre-order app version which somehow didn't remove itself entirely? See image below

I have noticed that I have a packages on my 'C' drive in app data which I think is the problem but how do I fix this. If I uninstall the sim and try to reinstall it outside of game pass it just says that the key has been registered to another user, which I assume is my game pass user name?

Aerosoft cannot help because this appears to be a Microsoft account mix up on my part but I really want to be able to play the game I have purchased.

Any help would be appreciated.

Continue reading...

Back