Windows 10 your administrator has blocked this application because it potentially poses a security risk to your computer

• Thread starter Thread starter DennisZ2
  • Start date Start date
D

DennisZ2

Hello all,

I cannot install or update a previous installation for a business application I use on my laptop. The application is Stream (an Aerdata / Boeing data application). Aerdata helpdesk were of no help, they sent me the technical spec for Stream and insist I need to seek help from my IT department.. however this is a personal pc and I am the IT department... Appreciate any help - This appears to be a common problem with windows.

The STREAM Interactive client is installed via ClickOnce, a lightweight Microsoft installation/update technology. usually when the application is launched, it checks for updates automatically by retrieving the latest .application file from the Installation Base URL. But my Windows 10 is blocking the application from running. to trouble shoot I have -

- Turned off UAC;

- added the .exe extension to the group policy editor (attachment manager; inclusion list for medium risk files;

- temp disabled firewall

- temp disabled windows defender virus scanner

- run the application as admin

- lowered internet security options by enabling launching of applications and unsafe files.

but the issue still persists. Appreciate any further troubleshooting recommendations. thank you

Continue reading...

Back