Windows 7 Your connection is not private error

• Thread starter Thread starter Nin0br0wn
  • Start date Start date
N

Nin0br0wn

So, I have spent the past week digging through forums trying to find a fix to this annoying "your connection is not private" problem, and nothing I find seems to fix my issue. I will try my best to describe the error, I can't post pictures because I'm on my phone, seeing as I can't access any page in my computer.

One thing you should know, Google Chrome is my main browser, but even if I use internet Explorer or Firefox I still get the same or similar issue.

The problem:

I try to visit ANY website, Google, YouTube, you name it I cant visit it, not even google support or help or anything. When I try to visit a site I get this error
"Your connection is not private Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.google.ca (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards) NET;;ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID"
When I click Advanced is says this
"www.google.ca normally uses encryption to protect your information. When Google Chrome tried to connect to www.google.cathis time, the website sent back unusual and incorrect credentials. This may happen when an attacker is trying to pretend to be www.google.ca, or a Wi-Fi sign-in screen has interrupted the connection. Your information is still secure because Google a Chrome stopped the connection before any data was exchanged. You cannot visit www.google.ca right now because the website uses HSTS. Network errors and attacks are squally temporary, so this page will probably work later"

I clicked the lock with the red X to see the certificate details, it is issued to GoProxy untrusted MITM proxy Inc, and issued by VeriSign Trust Network.

So after receiving this error every time I try to do something I looked to solutions, I've tried:
- changing and updating the date and time, multiple times, I've switched between every possible time zone and switched back.
- clearing all my browser data
- resetting the chrome settings
- I went to Chrome>settings>advanced settings>manage certificates, went under trusted root certificates, found VeriSign Trust Network, but it won't let me remove it, the remove button is grey and unclickable for all certificates on that list.
-I have changed the HTTPS to HTTP in my address bar and it just automatically loads the page back up as HTTPS
- I have Windows Defender, I've looked through every setting and can't find anything that has to do with SSL or certificates to check or uncheck
- I have ran multiple full virus scans and nothing is found
-Since I can not open any webpage with both browsers I can't download a different internet browser to see if I get the same error and can't download any certificate updates.
-I have tried to load a page in incognito mode and I get the same error
-My computer is as up to date as Windows 7 can be
-This is my home network so there is no sign in portal, I've tried forgetting my network and re entering password
- I have even factory reset my router and modem

None of these have worked, I still get the same error. Only on Internet Explorer does it give me the option to proceed to website anyway, but all the animation and html whatever is gone from the website so it's just a bunch of plain text that I can't click and browse through. It lets me continue to the page anyway and use HTTP, I can continue through into Google's main page, but it loads up as "www.google.ca/?gws_rd=ssl" if that means anything, but once I try to load up any different page or advance further it instantly freezes the browser and does not respond and shuts down.

I read something on a "powerwash" but I don't have that option on my Chrome, I also do not have the syncSetup option either.

Please help.

Continue reading...

Back