Windows 10 Your Phone and Link To Windows Communications Glitch

• Thread starter Thread starter MikePorritt
  • Start date Start date
M

MikePorritt

Hello .. much of the background to my question is given in an article now closed for update which is called "Your Phone app set up notifcation never appears on phone".

Today I hit the same problem and spent much of the day adding and deleting the components on phone and PC and following all the instructions for making it work. I have been a fan of "your Phone" since I first discovered it but hove had intermittent connection issues such as unexplained failures to connect or very slow initial connections.

Today the final notification to the phone from Your Phone on the PC was never delivered regarless of how many times the resend button was pressed or how often the total setup process was followed.

I noted that some users in the previous report (see above) linked the problem to issues with their IPV6 setup and but there was no real reason why that was the issue.

Anyway I had a go at disabling IPV6 for the WIFI on the PC ... at Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections I right clicked on the WIFI connection and under the Properties list I un-checked TCP/IPv6.

This seemed to be harmless as my LAN and my associated WIFI connections all use TCP/IPv4 which remained selected in the WIFI properties.

Instant success . the setup notify reached my phone which allowed me to accept the connection on the phone and "your phone" is working as expected. Unless I encounter problems I will probably leave IPv6 disabled for WIFI as it seems to be overkill for local networking.

Continue reading...

Back