Windows 10 Your security settings do not allow this application to be installed on this computer.

• Thread starter Thread starter K Labs
  • Start date Start date
K

K Labs

I have an installer for an old application. It used to work fine on prior versions of windows and hasn't been changed in 5+ years. I believe it uses .NET and will download and install the actual program, which is causing the trouble. It also runs just fine on a virtualbox running XP.

My surface pro 4, running windows pro version 1703, flatly refuses to install this application no matter what I do. I can't find any further details or log on what it doesn't like about it either.

The popup window says "The administrator has blocked this application because it potentially poses a security risk to your computer." I'm the administrator and I haven't blocked anything. Windows persists in refusing to run it despite completely disabling every firewall and security process I can find or find mention of on google. And about a dozen reboots throughout the attempts. Running as administrator or from command line in an administrator console don't help either.

How do I remove this security restriction?

Continue reading...

Back